Monday, August 1, 2011

Unfall… That’s German for “accident”...


Today was an epic day. A day for battle… a day for glory… and a day for realizing that some things in the corporate world are the same all over the world! I bravely confronted the BMW car chassis this morning and prepared to “take it on” in my task of setting it up for testing. I won the battle, but sustained a wound in the process. Blood was everywhere! …okay, not really. I actually just got a cut deep enough to draw some blood. I was prepared to simply put a paper towel over it with some tape, but when my co-worker saw the wound, he immediately sent me to “sick bay”. In the health center of BMW’s giant project house, I had to wait in line for 10 minutes to see a doctor so she could bandage me up. The small flesh wound was sanitized, bound, and well documented in the computer data banks. No law suits would come from this injury! I was even given a three day supply of gauze, band-aids, and finger tube things. Great! In any case, my profound cultural revelation of the day is that corporations react to work-injuries the same in Germany as they do in the States. I will now go revel in the wake of my victory and brag about my wounds to win over the hearts of the local ladies… or I’ll just let the cut heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment