Thursday, March 17, 2011

Maps and Moving

I finished up my exams and projects! After a little bit of celebrating and goodbyes with my friends in Cincinnati, I packed up the bags and finally said goodbye to my apartment in UPA. It was interesting seeing the normally cluttered desk free of protractors and loose leaf paper.
I hauled the last load of laundry home and began the process of sorting through it all so that I could pack for the trip. Luckily, my exams being over sooner in the week has afforded me a little bit of time with the family before I fly out on Saturday. I have put together a map of the main locations I will be at while in Germany.

I fly from Dayton to Philadelphia at 1:30pm on Saturday. You can see where I will be landing in Frankfurt at around 5:30am their time. There is a five hour time difference between Ohio and Germany. This means I really land at 12:30am our time. Most of the students from our ICP German group will be landing in Frankfurt that morning. By around 8am, we'll hop a train to Cologne. On the map, you can see where our youth hostel will be located. We spend two weeks in Cologne for a language/culture program to prepare us further for our co-op terms. After two weeks, we depart to our respective employers for the duration of spring and summer quarters. I will be moving to Munich. You can see that my apartment and BMW location are nearly one in the same. I'm basically a walk across the street!

More to come soon!

...oh, and you may have to use the "ZOOM" feature to see the map better!


View German Trip Locations in a larger map

1 comment:

  1. Corey don't fall asleep the first day until its dark or you'll regret it!!!

    ReplyDelete