Sunday, July 10, 2011

Skyline and Driving

Not much to report this weekend! After being all across the map for the past month, I decided I was parking it for the weekend in Munich.

Work was pretty exciting this week, because I was able to drive a BMW for the first time! With one of our supervisors gone for the week, I was basically running one of the test stands more independently. Since he wasn’t here to drive the cars, my supervisor from the offices at R&D told me to go pick up the car myself. I was initially under the impression that we were not allowed to drive the cars, but he said it shouldn’t be a problem. When I got back after driving in the first car, one of my co-workers informed me that he doubled check if I was permitted to drive and he got a red flag. Apparently I had done a “no-no”! I basically drove a pre-production car without the proper paper work. Shhh! Don’t tell anyone. Pretty sweet though! The good news is that I found I was able to drive cars that were already in production, so I was able to drive a couple more later this week! Awesome!!

Friday was extremely fun because my band director was in town with his wife for vacation. We were able to coordinate schedules and meet up for dinner at the Hofbräuhaus! It was just as rowdy as they said it would be… and that is more so than the one in Cincinnati! My dad actually bought me my first beer at the Hofbräuhaus in Cincinnati when I turned 21. Two years later, I was able to compare notes with the same brew in the ACTUAL Hofbräuhaus. Yup… just as satisfying. The cool part about the end of the night was running into some other UC student randomly! We were walking out the door when we spotted a table with some students sporting UC polos. What are the chances?? They were actually in town on a weekend trip from their study abroad program in France. SMALL WORLD! Go UC International Programs!

The rest of the weekend was basically getting caught up on some responsibilities back at home and a little down time. The weather was great for running and the past few nights we have had some mega storms roll through. I appreciate my 8 foot wide window, because I can open it up, sit on the ledge, and watch the storms without getting wet. Very cool.

I will also mention here that I broke out my Skyline survival kit that was sent to me on my birthday from a friend back home. It is FAR from the actual thing, but wasn’t half bad. Germans do not have shredded cheese, so that was the first big problem. The second was that I had to settle for Coke, because there is practically no Dr. Pepper over here. Boo. I did get my chocolate mint afterwards though, so mission accomplished!


No comments:

Post a Comment