Tuesday, April 5, 2011

German Offices

Today is easy to explain…

8:30am – Depart for Residency Registration Office

9:00am – Arrive at office and fight giant crowd of foreigners

10:00am – Doors to office open and stampede ensues

10:10am – I grab waiting ticket and a form to fill out

10:30am – I am admitted to submit my form and brave the guy with the big stamp

10:45am – I am released to the foreign authority to grab another ticket and form

10:55am – I am admitted to submit my residency permit

11:10am – Guy with big stamp says I’m gold

11:15am – I grab a waiting ticket to pay 50 Euros for my VISA

11:20am – I pay for my permit and obtain a pretty stamp in my passport to work here until September

11:45am – Micah and I depart to sign our work contracts with BMW (now that we have work permits)

1:30pm – After a lot of reading, we depart to obtain our tax cards (which we need to be paid… this is important)

2:20pm – We arrive at the Munich financial office and obtain waiting ticket and a form to fill out

2:40pm – We are admitted to submit the form and brave the tax ladies

3:30pm – We obtain tax cards and head back to set up bank accounts

4:15pm – We arrive to bank 15 minutes late (they close at 4pm) and decide to set up accounts on Thursday

4:30pm – We call it a day!

So yes… if you ever though forms were challenging and burdensome in English, the German version isn’t much better. I’m just glad we have most of that out of the way!

…and now I’m done thinking for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment